Saturday, January 14, 2017

Fourteen

I have mentioned before that I am a founder of a Facebook Group called Addicted to Limericks.  It has been the source of a great deal of joy and some really delightful poems over the years, and has given me the chance to "meet" and interact with some very interesting and talented folks from all over the world.
We're always on the lookout for new members, so if you think you might be interested, contact me. 
Today, one of our members re-posted a limerick she wrote three year ago.  I did not comment on it at the time - not even a "like" - and I could not remember seeing it before.  
That got me wondering  what I might have been doing in January of 2014 that would have caused me to miss it.  To help solve the mystery, I turned to my daily blog posts for the month.  I didn't find anything that helps to explain it, but I did come across a great quote on the challenge of doing a daily blog ---

“Writing a daily column (or blog post) is like being married to a nymphomaniac,  just when you think you’re finished, you have to start all over.”
That was written by Ellen Goodman, the Pulitzer Prize winning author from the Boston Globe and Washington Post.  Since she is a grandmother (and married to a man) I have to wonder if the quote was her own idea or if it was plagiarized.

No comments:

Post a Comment