Friday, May 30, 2014

Unfiltered Update

As I mentioned back on April 25th, I listed our pool pump and filter for sale on Craigslist, and the results were so frustrating that I pulled the ad.

After taking a week or so to restore my sanity, I reposted the ad May 13th.  I had one email asking if I still had the filter for sale, then nothing at all until yesterday afternoon. 

That’s  when a lady phoned to see if it was still available.  When I told her yes, she said let me call my husband, and we’ll get back to you.  I hardly had time to think Well, that was another waste of time before he called saying that he was on his way. 

It turned out to be a fine example of serendipity – truly a match made in heaven – they desperately needed what I was trying to sell.

They are a young couple, with a 10-rear-old son, who recently bought a house with a pool and then discovered that the housing on the pool filter had an non-repairable crack.  He was happy to get the pump, but I think he would have paid my asking price just to get a working filter.  After a few minutes showing him the filter and explaining maintenance, etc., he handed me the cash and we loaded it up.

Then I started hauling out pool stuff we didn’t need anymore – PVC fittings, vacuum heads and hose, an almost full bucket of 3” chlorine tabs, and another with about 10 lbs of chlorine granules, and an extension pole, etc.

By the time I was through, my garage was almost clean, the back of his truck was full, and he was grinning like a kid on Christmas morning.

I’m still trying to sell the old 8-N tractor, and the responses I’m getting are still driving me nuts (the subject for at least one more separate post) but  this gives me new hope.  Sometimes, things really do work out best for all concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment