Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Blah, Blah

eeyore61_5881

 

Yesterday sucked!

I suppose that it is impossible to reach my age without gathering a collection of minor aches and pains, and most days I don’t let them bother me.  Yesterday was one day when I did.  Nothing was seriously wrong, but the accumulation of various minor problems, headache, queasiness and a generally tired feeling, got the best of me. 

I gave in to my blahs and didn’t accomplish a single thing all day.

One advantage – or possibly disadvantage – of being retired is that I can take a day off and nobody but my wife knows or cares.  Honey does worry, and it’s hard to explain that there is nothing really wrong, I just don’t feel like doing anything.

If I were still working for a living and woke up feeling like I did yesterday, I would man up, get dressed and go to work.  By about 10 o’clock, I would either be back to normal or I might feel bad enough to actually justify taking the rest of the day off.  Being retired makes it way too easy to just crawl back into my shell and hibernate.

No comments:

Post a Comment