Friday, April 25, 2014

Unfiltered Frustration

filter price

After filling in our pool this spring, I put the pool pump and filter on sale on Craigslist.  In the past, I’ve had the usual obvious scam replies, but I’ve always had good luck selling whatever I posted in a timely manner.

Not this time.

This time has been three weeks of total frustration!

  • I had one immediate query, then no reply to my response. 
  • Then I had two separate callers who went so far as to arrange a time to come out - even get directions to the house - and never show up.  Neither had the decency to call back and say they had changed their mind.
  • I even had a shirt-tail relative message me on Facebook asking if they were still available.  She never answered my response either.
  • Finally had a potential buyer show up yesterday only to change his mind. 

Although he had asked about the model and size of the filter (It’s a CCP420, which indicates 420 feet of filter material in the cartridges) he drove all the way out from the Galleria only to tell me that he already has that size filter and needs something larger.  The guy was an African immigrant, and there was a but of a language barrier, but DAMN!

I’ve taken Honey’s suggestion and deleted the Craigslist ad – at least for a while. 

If you’re interested, they are still for sale -  I’m just not actively selling them.  I’ve got to get my frustration level down to a more manageable level – somewhere below the boiling point.

No comments:

Post a Comment