Thursday, May 8, 2014

Long Day

We had a long and interesting day yesterday. 

It actually started about 6 p.m. Tuesday when we got a call from our daughter Cheryl.

I’m coming.” she said, “I’ll be there about 10.”

Okay.” said Honey, “But, why?”

Well, I guess there were multiple reasons, including Mother’s Day coming up this weekend, but the main reason was that Honey was having minor surgery yesterday morning.  In Cheryl’s mind, surgery equates with be there.

The surgery, a Mohs procedure to remove all remnants of a mole that biopsy said was possibly – but not definitely - a basal cell carcinoma, went well.  The only hitch was that the site is at the top of her nose where her glasses normally sit.  Since Honey wears progressive lenses, and can’t see without them, that became a big problem.  Having the glasses sitting at a strange angle caused headaches and nausea.

Still it was a good day, and we had a great visit with Cheryl.

Probably the worst thing about the day was that I fell asleep and snored all through CSI last night.  Honey said she tried to wake me several times, but I don’t remember.  I do know that by the time the 10 o’clock news came on, she was ready to kill me just to shut me up.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment