Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Won't Go Away 2

The absolute worst thing about flooding - even worse than the actual damage we sustained - is the totally frustrating way that those who are supposed to be helping find every way possible to deny your claim.
Here's the latest example:  
I mentioned yesterday that our Generac 13kW home generator had flood damage.  Our the insurance company's claims adjuster says it is  not covered, and emailed me this excerpt from the claims handbook.

He claims that being permanently hardwired into the house does not mean it is attached, and the fact that the generator is fully contained within its own steel box does not constitute being enclosed.  
I feel that he is wrong on both counts, but at this point my only option is to have him send me a rejection letter which I could then use to appeal his decision to FEMA.  I'm tempted, but at this point, I'm just not willing to descend another level into what can only be described at Bureaucratic Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment