Sunday, October 15, 2017

The Joke's On Me

I'm really not a member of the Grammar Police, I'm not even in the Auxiliary, but I often get amused by the way things are written and/or spelled on line.   I've even mentioned a few examples on this blog.
Yesterday, I got a laugh out of a post on the local Classifieds page on Facebook. A lady had listed a free Exersaucer!
I immediately had visions of a saucer so buff it could carry your coffee cup back to the sink on its own.  I almost said something, then something told me to Google the word...
 It turns out that Exersaucer is a brand name for a series of "activity centers" for infants and toddlers manufactured by Evenflo.
I had never heard of them before, but maybe, since my grand-kids are almost adults, I have an excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment