Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Harvey Just Won't Go Away

We finally got our "Getting Started" check from the flood insurance company yesterday. We also got an email from the appraiser with a blank Excel spreadsheet.  
He wants me to itemize all the contents that were lost or damaged. It seems sort of late arriving, but if I had received it last week, I would have missed something big.

 
Several years ago, we installed a Generac 13kW generator to power our home any time there is a power failure.  It has done a fine job.  I knew the water had come pretty high on the generator, but it is set to come on and "exercise" on Sunday afternoons, and it started normally the Sunday after the flood.
This past weekend, it failed to start.  I checked and found that the main fuse was blown, and the engine had water in the oil.  I have a service call scheduled, but it will be Thursday before we learn the extent of the damage.  At this point, I know that the least it will cost me is $200 just to check it out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment