Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Cordless Phone

Figures released back in May show that we here at the Boggy Thicket are now in the minority.  Less than 50%  of US homes now have a land-line phone, and 6.5% have only a hard-wired telephone.
We're not quite that bad - we do have cell phones, and probably use them more than our  land line. 
Lately, our cordless phone has been in a snit.  Both the base and the telephone appear to be working normally, they just refuse to communicate with each other.  Neither has a reset button, and removing power from each had no effect, so yesterday, I picked up a new cordless phone at WalMart.
I was pleasantly surprised by how cheap they have become - years ago, our first cordless phone cost about $70, but I got this one for less than $15 - but I was dismayed when the handset failed to charge. 
I was ready to take it back when I realized that it was all my fault.  I had placed the handset in the cradle facing the wall, and it will only make electrical connection when facing out.
Our old phone would charge either way, but this one is specifically designed to only charge when the handset screen and buttons are visible. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment