Friday, July 21, 2017

Wasp

Cranked up my old tractor yesterday for the first time since before we went on vacation.  
The good news is that it fired right up.  
The bad news is that a family of wasps had decided it was theirs, and in the six weeks or so since I last used it they had built a home under the little tool box mounted on the left fender.
One of them was quick to demonstrate his displeasure, and I was stung on the hand before I realized they were there.  I went and got the wasp spray, and made short work of the nest, so I guess you could say that I won.
It didn't feel that way, though.  The original sting hurt like the dickens.  That fiery first burning sensation was followed by swelling - a soft lump about the size of a hen egg.  All around the periphery of the lump itched like the very devil, and it continued to itch for several hours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment