Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Sodom's Song

I'm not sure I could define my religious belief with any degree of specificity.  
Some would say I am a Christian, while many would argue that I am not.  I did grow up in the Judaeo-Christian heritage, and (with a few exceptions) still hold to a Christian definition of what's right and what's wrong.
I say this because I see our society on a high speed slide into debauchery.  I'm not saying that people are doing anything today that hasn't been done for centuries; they're not.  The difference is that now acts that were considered abominations in the past are accepted as normal.  In the name of equality and inclusion, we are told we must accept whatever the latest perversion might be or be branded as hateful.
This descent into the cesspool may have started earlier, but I mark its start from late 1995 or early 96 when Bill Clinton claimed oral sex was not sexual intercourse and the media (and every horny teenager in the country) bought into his claim.  Things have gone steadily downhill from there.
Two items in the news sparked my column today.  The first was Cosmopolitan Magazines series of articles on ANAL SEX FOR BEGINNERS, and the second was the use of the term Bro-Job - a term for homosexual encounters between heterosexual men.  
I had never heard the term Bro-Job before, but it is sort of self explanatory. I didn't really need to look it up, but I did.  I learned that there's even an App for that - BRO - that's been around since January of 2016.
I'm not a Puritan, and I have no desire to return to a repressive society.  What you do to/with yourself or your partner is none of my business.  That being said, I do think it is time we stopped promoting alternative lifestyles and dragging them into the mainstream.

No comments:

Post a Comment