Saturday, May 27, 2017

Compressor

When I was doing the brake job on our truck last weekend, my air compressor bit the dust.  It didn't die completely, it just wouldn't generate more than about 45 psi, which isn't enough for any of the things I need it for.
I took it apart, cleaned it up, and got the max pressure up to about 60 psi, but that's the best it could do.  The reed valves have lost tensile strength after flexing for years, and can't react fast enough to allow pressure to go any higher.
Today I went to Lowe's and bought the compressor pictured above. It was on sale at a very attractive price.  It is near the low end of the spectrum as far as compressors go, but should be more than adequate for my needs.  
I normally never buy warranties, but something told me that this time I should.  My premonition didn't predict that the compressor would fail, but it did tell me to spend the extra twelve bucks just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment