Thursday, May 18, 2017

Coffee Paradox

I don't drink as much coffee as I used to, but I still have to have a cup or two in the morning to kick start my metabolism.  
For the past few years, we have used a Keurig coffee maker that makes a perfect cup.   The problem arises when I go for the second cup of coffee.  Depending on how much of the first cup is left, that second cup is often filled literally to the brim, making it very difficult to transport from the counter to the breakfast table.
I have learned something interesting about that.  
It may be just me, but if I look at the cup I will spill it. If I look at anything else - even just stare off into space - I can make it to the table without spilling a drop. That may seem counter-intuitive - how often have we all been told to "watch what you're doing." -  but it's a fact.
There may be some profound universal law in play here, but I have no idea what it might be.  I'm just glad I figured it out - it keeps the kitchen a lot cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment