Monday, August 8, 2016

Roar!

My comment yesterday about how loud Raccoons are when they're coupling reminded me of an incident from years ago.  
It was my daughter's eleventh or twelfth birthday, and I had taken her and a whole van-load of her friends to the Houston Zoo.  When we arrived, we could hear roars that shook the ground clear out in the parking lot.  Seeking the cause, we swiftly made our way to the big cat cages in time to see a pair of tigers mating.
The little girls didn't say much at the time, and the rest of our trip to the zoo was pleasantly uneventful.  Then on the way home, one of the girls roared and the rest went into uncontrollable fits of giggles.  Things would finally calm down, and another would roar sending them off again.  They kept that up all the way home. 
A month or so later, one of the girls roared at me in the supermarket.  When her mother wanted to know what that was about, she just told her "You had to have been there."

No comments:

Post a Comment