Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Happy Birthday

As birthdays go, yesterday ranks right up there with the best I can remember.  
We went to dinner at Chili's with our neighbors, the Graffs, and on the way they stopped at HEB for a birthday cake.  Alesha had asked Honey what kind of cake I liked and she told her chocolate, the more chocolate the better.  The cake she ordered was a deep, dark chocolate with rich chocolate icing sprinkled with chocolate shavings - wow!
After dinner, we came home to watch our US Olympians add to their stash of Gold - Ledecky, Phelps (twice in an hour) and, of course, the women gymnasts who blew away the competition.  What a great way to end the day.
I got birthday wishes by mail, and email, and via Facebook.  If you add in all the comments on original posts, I got more Facebook wishes than the 74 years I've lived.  
The most unusual birthday greeting I got was from a doctor I haven't been to in years.  I answered to phone and heard a computer-generated voice say "This message is for Robert Couch." 
I normally hang up on computer calls, but before I could, "she" continued with what I guess you would call an electronic birthday card.  It was well written, but since it was a computer, there was no flow or meter to the presentation  - no way you could say it sounded heartfelt.  Still, it was unique, and remarkable in it's way.

No comments:

Post a Comment