Wednesday, July 30, 2014

NO VDC

Back in March, and again in May, I mentioned problems with leaks in our fifth wheel – wet carpet due to rainwater getting in.  Thankfully, I can report that those problems have been resolved.

That does not mean that everything was OK. 

When I picked up the trailer last time, I had a hard time hooking up - the battery was almost too low to operate the landing gear.  We assumed (incorrectly) that someone had left lights on while the trailer was in storage.  Once I got it home, I pulled the battery, charged it for 24 hours and reinstalled it.  It looked like everything was working fine.

Sunday, Honey asked me if the trailer was OK.  Something (she’s spooky that way) told her that I needed to check it, and sure enough, nothing requiring 12 volts would work.

After working for a month and a half, the battery was dead again.

It turned out that the converter – a replacement and supposedly an improvement over the original – was trash.  It had lasted just long enough to outlive its warranty.  Once it was replaced – with one that’s supposed to be bigger and better than the last one – everything is back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment