Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Shakes

2014-07-01-the-shakes

Had a weird experience yesterday morning. 

I felt perfectly normal until I pulled my first cup of coffee from the Keurig machine, then I started shaking so badly that I had to set it back down on the counter.  I couldn’t even get the cup to my mouth with both hands.  The harder I tried to control the tremors, the worse they got.

Honey was on “dawn patrol” – had already left for her morning walk when I got up, so I couldn’t yell for help.

It wasn’t as if I hadn’t had tremors before.  My hands shake a little all the time, and have as long as I can remember, but I have never had the shakes like this.  It wasn’t painful, but I’ll admit that it did scare me a bit.  I must have looked like someone suffering DTs on steroids.

I checked my blood pressure and my blood sugar – pressure a little high but both within normal limits.

It only lasted a few minutes – ten at the most – and I was back to normal by the time Honey got home.  It may have been my imagination, but it left me feeling tired all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment