Monday, July 28, 2014

Andrea

Andrea photo

The young woman in the picture is Andrea Kowch.

I do think she is attractive, but what first got my attention was the fact that her last name could almost be a phonetic spelling of mine. 

I came across this photo – and lots of her paintings – while surfing the net this past weekend.  Andrea is an award winning painter from Michigan and I really like her work.

You might not. 

Her work is dark, stark and sometimes creepy.  Even the happiest of her scenes seem to have some ominous undertones.  I’m not sure how significant it is, but (except for her Hiawatha illustrations) all of her subjects are women.

Here is an example:

Andrea Kowch

She has a WEBSITE and a FACEBOOK PAGE, or you can see lots of her paintings HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment