Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Numbers Game

I’ve been hosting this blog for almost four years now, and I’ll be honest, when I started this in March of 2010, it was a lot more about me than about you, dear reader.  A daily blog post was a way to keep my mind in gear -  to keep the synapses sparking for a few more years.

Still, I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t expect/hope for a few more readers. 

As I write this, my blog has had almost 215 thousand page views,  which doesn’t sound so bad, and apparently, I’ve picked up a following in Malaysia – Malaysian readers have passed Russia and the UK  and are now firmly in the number two position behind the US.

They say that figures lie and liars figure, but I was satisfied with (if not exactly thrilled by) the number of hits I’ve received. Then today, quite by accident, I came across something called URL Metrics.  Their site ranks web addresses by their popularity.  According to them Boggy Thicket ranks number 9,768,230 in popularity in the US and number 15,027,905 Worldwide. 

That almost feels like getting picked last for kickball at recess.  I think I need a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment