Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Something Smells

good-plenty

Not making any judgments here – Heck, I’m having trouble just absorbing this – but according to MENTALFLOSS.COM, a recent study by the Smell and Taste Research Foundation determined that the scent that women find most arousing was a combination of Good & Plenty Candy (licorice) and Cucumber.

Men, on the other hand respond to different odors.  Never mind pheromones, on THEIR WEBSITE, the Smell and Taste folks say that guys react most strongly (measured by penile blood flow) to  a combination of Lavender and Pumpkin Pie.

Their report doesn’t saw how they chose the odors  they tested, but they obviously couldn’t try everything.  I can’t help believing that their results were skewed in favor of odors that appealed to the researchers. 

I don’t know about arousal, but there are plenty of smells I find much more pleasant – Gardenias, fresh-cut Pine, Coffee and Leather just to name a few.

Personally, I despise Pumpkin Pie and avoid anything with pumpkin in it.  I don’t dislike pumpkin as much as pineapple, but almost – so I can’t imagine that I would find it stimulating.  I associate the smell of Lavender with my grandmother’s bath soap, so the thought of that being sexually stimulating is just creepy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment