Thursday, January 9, 2014

Progress Report

Well, I have been writing this blog for almost four years now, since March of 2010.  I try to post something new every day, and I’ve come pretty close, with 1348 posts and over 213,000 views so far.

Yesterday, I was notified by the network that one of my posts had been deleted.  It was a post that I called Stocking Stuffers from December 23, 2010.  It was a collection of Christmas cartoons and videos, and apparently one of them was included without the proper authorization or attribution or something.  I’ll admit that I’ve never worried too much about things like that, so I guess one post in four years isn’t too bad.

Writing something new every day is fun, but it is a challenge.  I found a great quote on line that fits the situation quite well -

“Writing a daily column (or blog post) is like being married to a nymphomaniac,  just when you think you’re finished, you have to start all over.”

That was written by Ellen Goodman, the Pulitzer Prize winning author from the Boston Globe and Washington Post.  Since she is a grandmother (and married to a man) I have to wonder if the quote was her own idea or if it was plagiarized.

No comments:

Post a Comment