Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Computer Blues

frustrated

It should come as no surprise that sometimes computers can be a real pain in the ass.

For the past few weeks, I have been dealing with an issue on my laptop. It hasn’t really hurt anything,; it’s just a constant aggravation.

It started about three weeks ago, probably after a Windows update.  As the computer opens each morning, I get a pop-up screen saying Windows is trying to install Roxio Media Suite and was unable to find the .msi file.  I then have to click Cancel a dozen times or more before it will go away.

The program was already on the computer and working fine.  There was no need to install it again.

I searched the problem on the net – it’s apparently pretty common – and tried all the things that were supposed to fix it.  None of them worked.

I ran a couple adware/spyware/antivirus programs, and a couple programs like Glary Utilities designed to correct registry errors.  That didn’t help either.

I finally decided that I didn’t use the Roxio Suite very often – and I had other programs installed that would do the same tasks – so I uninstalled it. 

Finally – problem solved…..Or so I thought until this morning when the damned pop-up showed up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment