Monday, September 17, 2012

That’s Really the Pits

There may be some folks from Georgia or Tennessee who will disagree, but there is no doubt in my mind that Texas is the barbeque pit capitol of the world – particularly when it comes to trailer-mounted rigs.

Barbeque trailers start with single grill, single axle rigs – with or without a smoker box,

Trailer_pit_with_smoker_box.332141219_std

 and move up to custom built rigs with stainless steel prep tables, refrigerators and sinks

Ultimate-BBQ-Trailer-6a

or sometime with a roof and awnings

big_red_22

Sunday, as we were coming into Brenham from the west, we saw a rig that was way over the top – even for Texas.

Parked in a field off US290 was an 18-wheeler with an extra long tanker trailer on the back.  I first noticed it because the trailer seemed extremely long and was painted flat black.  As we got closer, I saw that it had about a half dozen smokestacks, and a huge chrome map of Texas on the back. 

This was one of those times when I kicked myself for not having a camera along.  I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes.  For what it’s worth, the 18-wheeler we saw is not the only one of its kind.  I did a Google search and found pictures of at least one more.

No comments:

Post a Comment