Sunday, September 9, 2012

Junk Drawer

junk drawer_2

I started to name today’s post Potpourri, or maybe Goulash, but realized that both titles would indicate that somehow all the ingredients go together.  That is not the case today, this is more random than that.

  • The hummingbirds are back.  We had been seeing one or two, but in the last couple of days we have seen as many as six at a time.
  • They seem a lot more interested in chasing each other away from the feeders than actually eating.
  • The raccoon is back, too.  We had left the feeder he likes so much down for a couple of weeks.  Once we put it back up, it only lasted two nights before he found it again.  Our latest plan (for now) is to bring it in every night.
  • This was our first cool morning – low here today was 64°, compared to 79° the day before.
  • Honey said the other day that “the sun feels different.”  I never seem to notice this, but when she mentions it, I always realize that she is right.
  • That “different” feel does not correlate to temperature, and doesn’t seem to directly correspond to the equinox or the angle of the sun, but there is no question it exists.
  • Someone posted on a camping forum I follow that autumn is on the way because “the woods have a different smell this time of year.”  I wonder if he isn’t using different senses to describe the same phenomenon.
  • Honey just headed out the door for our morning walk.  I still have to put on my socks and shoes, so I better close for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment