Friday, August 4, 2017

Three Quarters

I have a birthday coming up in a few days.  
Normally, I try to ignore birthdays, or at least treat them like just another day, but this one is number 75, and for some reason it seems like that ought to be sort of a big deal.
When I was 25, or even when I was 50, it never occurred to me that I would make it this far, but - barring some catastrophe in the next couple of days - it looks like I have.  Not only that, I'm in relatively good health and don't feel any older than I did ten years ago.
Honey asked me the other day what I wanted for my birthday, and I couldn't think of a single thing.  I have a loving wife, a house that's paid for, just enough retirement to get by without having to do without, and I still have my health.  It doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment