Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Eclipse Two

 I no longer have an arc welder - it succumbed to flood water years ago - but I still have my welding mask.  I cleaned it up and put it to good use yesterday watching the eclipse of the sun.

The first time Honey tried it, she said that all she could see was her own reflection, so I removed the headband and she was able to see the sun by just holding the mask in front of her.   
We took turns, and both agreed that even though there was only about 60% coverage from our vantage point at the Boggy Thicket, it was still pretty amazing - and we agreed to stick around to see the next one in 2024.

We still won't be in the path of totality next time, but we'll be pretty darn close.  We might even want to make a trip to Del Rio, Belton, Kerrville, Corsicana, Mineola or Texarkana. 
Dallas is squarely within the path, but it would take more than an eclipse to make me want to go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment