Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Phone-y Warranty

I got to the AT&T phone store yesterday, and after the usual half hour wait to actually see someone, the clerk confirmed that Honey's phone was, in fact, dead, and since it was just six months old, it was covered under a one year warranty.
"Great!" I said, "Give me another one."
"It doesn't work that way."
"How does it work, then."
"We don't replace phones here at the phone store.  We take your information and AT&T will mail you a new phone.  Once you get it, you can bring it back here to set it up." 
"That's ridiculous! That means she will be without a phone for at least a week."
"That's the way it works."
"OK. What do you have in house that I can get her today?"
We settled on an LG phone, and by putting the SIM card from her dead phone in my phone, they were able to retrieve and transfer MOST of her saved files to the new phone.
I upgraded to the LG Phoenix phone as well, and so far, I think I like it.
They were still going to send us a replacement for Honey's old dead phone, and warned me that if we didn't send the dead phone back when we received the replacement we would be charged double.  I told them that as long as we had two working phones, I didn't want a replacement.  I suggested that they issue us a credit instead, but of course, they don't do that.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment