Saturday, August 19, 2017

The Experiment Was A Success!

I wrote yesterday about the meal my daughter Cheryl sent me for my birthday, and promised to report on the results.  
To describe it as a success is an understatement.  The burgers were fabulous!
We knew we were getting hamburgers from burgabox.com, but we weren't prepared for how much food would be included in the box.  In addition to the mac and cheese burgers, the garlic/Parmesan fries and the Cole slaw pictured above, there was a full serving of baked beans, large orders of chili and cheese fries, Buffalo chicken, and a 9X5X3 inch aluminum pan full of more mac and cheese. I don't know how many calories that all adds up to, but just the burgers alone, with their fabulous four-cheese mac and cheese, would see you through Ramadan.
Each item came with instructions, and we followed them pretty closely with just a few exceptions.  We don't own enough frying pans, and the stove doesn't have enough burners to do everything according to their directions, so we did the bacon in the microwave, and the burgers on the grill. I did add a little more spice (HEB Texas Traditions Fajita spice) on the burger patties, otherwise, we followed their instructions to the letter.
Yes, I'd have to say that, gift-wise, Cheryl knocked it out of the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment