Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Almost

I almost didn't post anything at all today. In fact, it looked last night like my old Toshiba laptop had died.
I came back to the computer yesterday afternoon to find the screen totally black, and nothing I could do would bring it back.  Restarting the computer would give the Toshiba log-on screen momentarily, and if I hit F2, the bios screen would flash on - but both screens were dark and the colors were off, and neither would stay on more than a couple seconds before going black.
This morning, I tried hooking the laptop up to a remote monitor and voila! the computer was working fine - it was just working in the dark.
This arrangement takes up a good half of the dining table, and there are wires running everywhere, so I'm pretty sure it is going to have to be temporary.  Still, things are better than I thought last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment