Tuesday, August 26, 2014

R I P

Kelvin tue nguyen

My circle got smaller with the passing of two good men this past week.

Tue Nguyen was one of several Vietnamese refugees hired by Global Services and trained as copier technicians.  He worked for me at Ikon Office Solutions when I headed the color copier group. 

One of the most impressive (and often most frustrating) things about Tue was that he absolutely refused to leave a machine until he was satisfied that it was fixed.  That sometimes led to one-hour service calls that stretched to two or three days, but if I had a machine no one else could fix, Tue was my go-to guy. 

Kelvin Ischy was one of the “instant grandkids” we acquired when our daughter Cheryl married Gene Ischy, Kelvin’s dad.  He was handsome, popular, and left us much too young.  He had just turned 21 this past July. 

We only saw Kelvin at family gatherings each Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I wish I’d had the chance to know him better.

No comments:

Post a Comment