Monday, August 18, 2014

Filthy Rich

scrooge-mcduck-the-expert

I have never really wanted to be rich, but it would be nice to not ever have to worry about money. 

I’ll admit that I have  occasionally fanaticized about being wealthy.  Now, according to an email I got last night, I have millions.

Of course, it is a scam, but it is better than most.  Here’s what it said:

Attention Sir,

Compliments.

I am delighted to contact you on a private note based on your beneficiary funds claim which is the sum of US$35.5 million which has been programmed for transfer into your designated bank account through my department. I hereby apologize to you for the delay in releasing the funds to you. This delay was caused by me because of improper documentation and breach of agreement between me and your so called partners in Africa.

Your partners agreed to give me the sum of US$750,000 (CASH) on my acceptance to assist them to transfer the funds into your account when I was still the Chief Executive Officer and Group Managing Director of Zenith Bank Plc. As I made fruitful efforts on the business and demanded my$750,000.00 as agreed. Your partners deviated from the agreement and decided to outsmart me and go through the International Remittance Department - IRD: not knowing that the IRD is under my control legally. I got knowledge of their evil plans and proved their efforts  abortive. That was why you may have been pursuing this payment, spending unnecessary funds to some corrupt and fraudulent individuals and impostors who claimed to be in charge.

I am also aware that they now contact you and parade themselves as staffs and managements of various banks, some even claim to be Barristers of different kinds and some also go as far as claim be me. Some even claim to be High officials of our bank. Some even claim to be FBI investigating your transaction. They are all impostors deceiving themselves and will not be able to secure release of the funds - as far as I am concerned.

Henceforth, I advice you to suspend any dealings with any group of person(s) from any other financial institution / parastatals in Nigeria or overseas, that might be contacting you in this purpose and endeavor to keep this information confidential until we finalize this transaction to avoid them using it as an advantage to scam you again or even make you lose your money. Also on no account must you contact them any more and on no account must you let them know of my contact with you. This is for my own safety and for the security of this venture. The funds US$35.5 million which you are the rightful beneficiary, is still at CBN and under my control, waiting for a proper documentation and due process.

Take Note: To curb corruption, all beneficiary claims are now subject to the Apex Bank which is the Central Bank Of Nigeria after certification by ICPC as ruled by the Federal Government.

Now with my whole heart I want to enter into real business with you on a sincere agreement due to my job placement as the new Governor of the Central Bank Of Nigeria.

1. On an agreement, I am assuring you that I will transfer the funds US$35.5 million into your account. ( Thirty five million and five hundred thousand United States dollars ). That is the original sum, not previous as mentioned by your so called partners.

2. You will assure me of keeping my dealings with you to an utmost secrecy because of my position in our organization. I will be at the front line of this venture, but we must act as if you contacted me to seek advise on your claim procedures.

3. With a written promissory note signed by you, you will promise to give me 20% of the total sum as soon as the funds gets into your designated bank account.

I promise you that you must smile big at the end of this venture.

I await your favorable response via my secure email: (  ccseaob@voila.fr  ) to enable us move forward in this transaction.

God bless you.

Mr Godwin Emefiele.

Executive Governor, Central Bank Of Nigeria.


No comments:

Post a Comment