Thursday, April 3, 2014

Fort Hood, Again

FortHoodMemorial

That’s a picture of the 4th Infantry Memorial at Ft. Hood, Texas.  I’m sure that today his prayers are for those who fell yesterday.

March was the first month in years in which the US Army sustained no casualties in Iraq or Afghanistan.  Just two days into April, we have already lost more troops at Hood.

It’s being reported this morning that Ivan Lopez, the soldier responsible for killing three and wounding sixteen before killing himself, was being treated for depression.  Some take solace in the reports that his act was not an act of terrorism, but four people are just as dead and three of the wounded are critical.

I’ve mentioned Ft. Hood a lot over the years on my blog, since I was there both as a toddler - First Time – and as an enlisted man during the height of the Viet Nam war - Hell on Wheels.  Incidents like the one yesterday afternoon would be terrible anywhere, but I’ll admit they bother me more when they happen in a place I used to call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment