Monday, April 14, 2014

Requiem for an 8-N Tractor

Ford_8N_tractor,_side_view

 

It’s an old Ford tractor from ‘52

We got her in ’60, almost good as new

When my dad passed away, she came to me

We kept the old 8-N in the family

Muddy and greasy, parts of her rusted

She served us well ‘til she finally busted

I tried to revive her, but I could not

The farther I got the more hopeless it got

I finally realized I’d done my best

It’s time to put Betsy out to her rest

My brother can’t stand that she didn’t survive

Mowing pasture on Betsy’s how he learned to drive

He loved that old tractor, He loves her still

Made me promise to leave her to him in my will

Thought she’d last forever, so it’s breaking our hearts

But you’ll find her on Craigslist, for sale for parts

No comments:

Post a Comment