Monday, April 9, 2018

Every Drama Needs A Villian

I don't play golf. 
I decided after a couple rounds in high school that I liked the game too much and couldn't afford it.
I do enjoy watching the game, and got very excited yesterday when one of my favorites, Jordan Speith, came from nine back to tie for the lead with just a few holes to go.  Unfortunately, he lost momentum and ended up third.
The guy who won the green jacket was Patrick Reed. 
Although he is a Houstonian, I knew next to nothing about him, so I went on line to find out what I could. 
I'm sorry that I did.
I learned that he earned the nickname "Captain America" for his play in the Ryder Cup - okay, that's good, right?
But - I also learned that he came in runner-up to Bubba Watson in a survey to determine the least-liked player on the PGA Tour. 
He is even estranged from his parents.  Although they live in Augusta, they didn't bother to show up to watch him play in the Masters.
His wife does seem to like him, and his brother-in-law is his caddy, so I suppose he can't be all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment