Sunday, September 24, 2017

Progress?

Well, I think that I made progress, of a sort, this morning.  
I mentioned the other day that our flood insurance carrier had a number you could text to check on the status of your claim. I also mentioned that they had no record of  my claim number.  
I despise texting - I'm old enough to believe phones were made for talking - but since it is impossible to reach anybody at the insurance company by phone, I keep trying.
Today, when I tried again, I got this reply:
"I didn't understand ur response. Pls enter only #s.  If ur claim # is FNII-1-17-0000001 then enter only 170000001 or 171.  To open a new claim reply w/CLAIM"
I tried re-entering my claim number without the zeroes and received this reply: 
"Your claim is currently open.  Your claim is still being reviewed, no payments have been issued."
I guess this explains why we haven't received a check.  At least now we know that we do have a claim in process, and that's got to be progress of a sort. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment