Thursday, September 21, 2017

At the Doctor

Had a doctor's appointment this morning.  
Well, not exactly.  
Almost.
What I had was a pre-appointment appointment. 
My annual physical is coming up next week.  
In the past, I would come in to get my lab work done the week before, then see the doctor on the day of the appointment.  Now they are scheduling an extra appointment to get everything but actually seeing the doctor done the week before.  It may be more efficient for the doctor, but it is a major pain in the ass for the patient.
I got there at 8 a.m. for an 8:30 appointment, and didn't get out of there until 10:35.  
I had assumed that, once they were through with everything else, I would go directly to the drawing station for my lab work, but no - they sent me back to the lobby to sign in for my labs, which put me at number 5 in a line that takes about 1/2 hour per patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment