Thursday, September 7, 2017

No Room

Finally, a post about something except Harvey -
I had a very weird night last night.  
First, I couldn't get to sleep at all - went to bed at 10, could not relax and was up at 1 a.m. fixing myself a drink.  I finally got to sleep sometime after 1:30, only to have a weird and disturbing dream. 
I was away from home, attending a school, and staying in a hotel.  I suppose that I spent the first night at the hotel without incident, but after going to dinner following the first day of class, I returned to the hotel to find that my hotel room didn't exist.  
Rather than a more modern key card, I had an old-style room key, similar to the one above.  It clearly stated that it went to room 532, but when I took the elevator to the fifth floor the rooms went from 530 to 534 with nothing in between. The rooms across the hall were labeled 531, 533, 535, etc.
I spent what seemed like hours searching for my room, growing increasingly frustrated. I had a series of strange encounters on the way, and the hotel desk and hotel security were no help at all.  
The dream finally ended without actually coming to a conclusion.  
I never did find that darn room, but I awoke this morning in my own bed, totally exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment