Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Healthier Than A Computer - 2

Honey wasn't the only one to have her computer lock up on the Welcome screen.  A check on line says that this happened to a whole lot of folks courtesy of the latest Windows update.  
It seems to be unique to HP computers running Windows 10.  Both HP and Microsoft are aware of the problem, but there's no fix yet.  I did find a work-around that involves disabling something called App Readiness, but so far, I have been unable to get to the screen where this can be done. Directions on how to get to the screen where this can be done are vague at best, so I'm trying to get there by trial and error.
I still have hope of getting there, but it is a very long, drawn out, process.  Just getting to a screen where I can right click on the power logo - the first step in the sequence - can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment