Thursday, February 16, 2017

Call Her

I have reported here on strange dreams before, but last night's was one for the books. 
I don't often remember my dreams, but those I do remember are usually strange.  I think I remember them because I spend a lot of time trying to figure out what they meant.
In last night's dream I was in the garage doing some minor maintenance on my truck.  I wasn't making much progress because I kept being interrupted by women cutting through the garage on the way into the house to visit with my wife.  These were all women I know, and each stopped to visit on the way through.  
After exchanging pleasantries, and just before heading into the house, they each said something like "You need to call your mother."
I'm not sure how many times this happened, but it was a lot - there were quite a few ladies passing through.  Finally, the last one asked, "Are you ever going to call your mother?"
I stopped what I was doing, went to the sink and started to clean up - that's when I realized that my mother was dead, had been for years, and there was no way to call her even if I had wanted to.
That woke me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment