Saturday, February 25, 2017

0 for 2

I woke up a little earlier than usual this morning, and as I was making my first cup of coffee, I added water to the reservoir on the coffee machine. It wasn't out, but low enough that it seemed like the thing to do. 
When Honey came in a half hour later, the first thing she said (after "Good morning") was "I see you added water to the pot. You spilled it everywhere."
"I thought I wiped it up." I replied.
"You wiped the left side.  You didn't get what ran under the machine and out the right."
She proceeded to move the pot and wipe down the counter, and as I pondered what she said, she started her coffee. Then she opened the canister where we keep the dog treats and took out the zip-lock bag inside.  She opened and resealed the baggie, saying  "You never get this closed right, either.  The treats dry out and it makes them hard to eat."
I had ambitions for today, a couple of projects I might have started, but now I'm not so sure.  The sun hasn't even cleared the horizon, and I'm already 0 for 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment