Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Bull

Last night marked the beginning of the new TV season, and the first episode of NCIS without Michael Weatherly.  
He didn't go far - the next hour on CBS saw him portraying the title character in BULL, a series we're told is based on the early career of Dr. Phil McGraw. He has successfully played celebrities in the past - back in '04 he played Robert Wagner in a docudrama about the death of Natalie Wood.  Wagner returned the favor with several years of guest shots as Anthony DiNozzo, Sr. on NCIS.
I've been a fan of Weatherly's since Dark Angel, and loved his character, Tony DiNozzo, on NCIS, but it was probably time for him to move on.
I liked the new show a lot - might have liked it better if I hadn't learned he was playing Dr. Phil -  but I'm having a hard time visualizing how they can stretch that concept into a series.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment