Friday, June 20, 2014

Here’s Your Sign

If you’ve followed my blog for long, you know that one of my favorite websites is the rv.net forum.  

One of the reasons I like it so well is the trip reports and the photos posted by other folks who enjoy recreational vehicles, camping, etc.

Some of the best of those trip reports are by a truck camper who calls himself Whazoo.  He takes his four-wheel-drive pickup into places we could never go with our 5th wheel trailer and then he hikes to places that I could never go on foot, some of the most scenic areas of the American Southwest.  His photos are outstanding and the captions – bad puns and all – are often hilarious.

His latest report came out yesterday and included this picture taken somewhere in northern New Mexico.

next 5 miles

For once, the picture had no caption - no comment at all - and I’ll admit that it has me baffled.

I understand that caution is advised for the next five miles.  What I don’t understand is why.  To me, the silhouette on the sign looks just as confused as I am.

What is that picture on the sign supposed to represent?

  • Does it designate a Scarecrow Crossing?
  • Are there lying Fishermen ahead?
  • Should I watch for some guy herding sheep, cattle, horses or ducks across the highway? 
  • Should I expect people I meet to be driving with no hands on the reins, handlebars or steering wheel?
  • Is Curly going to be singing Oh What A Beautiful Morning in the middle of the road?
  • Should I be on the lookout for Zombie Cowboys?

I don’t have a clue.  Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment