Thursday, April 4, 2013

Elbow

Houston Texans defensive end Justin James Watt and I have something in common.  Years ago I dislocated my left elbow like he did in training camp last year.  All similarity ends there.

watt-on-si-cover-306x306

With 20.5 sacks, 81 tackles and 16 pass deflections J.J. Watt's 2012 season was the definition of outstanding. - If you want, you can re-live all those sacks here – Sacks - Just imagine what he might have done if he were playing at 100%.

This week, Houston and the League's  Defensive Player of the Year said he did all that while never having fully healed from a dislocated left elbow suffered early in training camp. That trademark black brace on his left elbow wasn’t just there for show.

"In the beginning, it definitely affected me," Watt said Tuesday on Texans Radio, a service of  HoustonTexans.com. "All the ligaments in there were torn, they were all gone, so they had to have time to recover and regroup. So obviously, I wasn't at full strength. The brace helped a lot, but it was more of a mental thing, getting over the thought process of knowing that it was injured and making sure that I could still have confidence in it. ... But (I'm) looking forward to a 100 percent full healthy season."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment