Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wasn’t My Fault

After daily posts for almost a year there has been a conspicuous gap of just over a week. 

Sorry, but it wasn’t my fault  - my internet provider had problems that kept me off-line from one Thursday morning until the Saturday of the following week.  I had DSL, but Centurylink’s DNS server would not assign me an ip address. 

Thanks to one of the many calls to their help desk, I learned that  even though I couldn’t access the internet, I could use Internet Explorer to access (and actually make changes to) their server. Now, that is not the sort of information they really ought to be giving out – particularly to a customer that is getting as aggravated as I was by that time. 

I overcame temptation, but I still remember how to do it, and I still have the password.

No comments:

Post a Comment