Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Texas Blue

I spend a lot (Honey would say too much) of time on rv.net, a forum dedicated to recreational vehicles.

A couple days ago, a member from Indiana posted a query asking for the best times and places to see Texas Bluebells.  He was immediately inundated with replies about Bluebonnets.

across the road

I even posted a few of the pictures I took last year.

It took a member from New Mexico to point out that there really is a flower known as the Texas Bluebell, so just maybe the guy who asked the question really did know what he was asking. 

2006-07-13-017-white-bluebe

He posted a link describing Bluebells from the Texas Gardener, and another link to a discussion of Bluebells on  the Wildlower Haven Forum.

He pointed out that the creamery in Brenham OurIceCream_Box_01 doesn’t make Bluebonnet Ice Cream.

bluebells horses

Bluebell-Pasture

bluebell

The original poster has not chimed in again, so I’m still clinging to the idea that he was asking about Bluebonnets.

Otherwise – Oops, my bad.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Bob Couch--I'm commenting because my Google alerts gave me this blog because it is titled TEXAS BLUE. I live in Central Texas, and I'm a romance author. My first release is titled TEXAS BLUE, a Western Historical Romance. (Next is TEXAS PROMISE, then next will be TEXAS TRUE.
    When I was working with an artist for the cover for TEXAS PROMISE, I wanted a field of bluebonnets. Oh, she said, I can do that. When I got the trial cover, she'd thought Bluebells. When I told her the mistake, she laughed and said she was from New Jersey and didn't know the difference. What??
    Anyway, the cover turned out very pretty.

    My husband and I took many photos this year of bluebonnets--even out here where we live, the bluebonnets were thicker than we remembered for several years.
    I glad to meet you. I'll add my name to Follow you. Celia Yeary-Romance...and a little bit 'o Texas
    http://www.celiayeary.blogspot.com
    http://www.celiayeary.com
    New Releases
    Texas Promise-eBook-Desert Breeze Publishing
    Making the Turn-print & eBook-Wings ePress

    ReplyDelete