Monday, June 18, 2018

Call It Dirt

If you saw my last couple of posts, you know I had a busy and somewhat strenuous weekend, so it came as no surprise that I woke up stiff and a little achy this morning.
At least some of that is a symptom of laziness.  When you fall into a sedentary lifestyle, any unusual exercise will remind you, and you are often surprised that activities that used to be easy have become difficult.
I'm afraid, though, that at least some of my twinges are the result of age. I know that they say age is a state of mind, but it is also a chronological condition that only grows more acute as years go by.
So, just how old am I?  
About a dozen years ago, I had a student tell another technician in my class at the time, "He's the guy who told God to name it dirt."

No comments:

Post a Comment