Sunday, January 7, 2018

Striding Into 2018

For some reason - Don't ask, I certainly didn't - our neighbor Alesha Graff owned two elliptical exercise machines.  She gave one to Honey just in time for her to use it instead of trying to take her daily walks in the sub-freezing weather that started 2018.
I think the thing has been a genuine life-saver.
It doesn't seem possible, but using the thing burns almost twice as many calories as walking.  I'm not sure how, it isn't all that strenuous, but both the manufacturer and various on-line calorie counters claim that it does.
I'll bet that my first time on the elliptical would have made a hilarious YouTube video - one that would have almost certainly gone viral.  I held the handlebars in a death grip, and rocked my feet about six inches forward and back.  I probably looked like a little child on his first pair of skates!
After a week, I no longer have to hold on at all, but I am still a long way from trying any of the specialized exercises in the machine's brochure.
It is no surprise that Honey is better at it than I am, and she lasts a lot longer, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment