Sunday, January 14, 2018

Sometimes I Can't Help Myself

I saw this picture yesterday, and knew it just screamed for a Limerick.  Then, once I got started, it was hard to stop.
On the way from Detroit to a dealer near you
With a load of cars, all shiny and new

Pulled over to catch me forty winks
Woke up and didn’t know what to think
And I don’t know what to do

I’m confused, amazed, aghast
My delivery date is long past
I just stopped to take a tinkle
Turned into freakin Rip Van Winkle
There’s no need now to drive fast

How did this become my fate?
Don’t know. Can’t even relate
The road I was driving was good
Now I’m in the middle of the wood
And the road’s been replaced by an Interstate

The search was called off long ago
I guess they looked for me, although
My boss, I’m told, said fire the fool
My wife remarried, has a kid in high school
Who knew they would all miss me so

It’s oh so easy to be mislead
By that voice from the dash (or that voice in your head)
I wouldn’t be in this godawful mess
If I hadn’t believed that darn GPS
And relied on a roadmap instead


No comments:

Post a Comment