Saturday, January 13, 2018

7 Year Itch

I just realized that I founded the Addicted to Limericks group on Facebook a little over seven years ago.  I probably wouldn't have thought about it, but several members have been going back and reposting favorite rhymes from our early days.
We are a small, but international group of folks who enjoy reading and writing Limericks.  We have members in the US, Canada, Great Britain and Australia, and may or may not have one in Russia - I used to really enjoy hearing from her, but she hasn't posted anything on Facebook in over a year. At the moment our current membership is less than forty, with a core (hard-core?) group that posts at least one new limerick a week.
After the first year or so, we closed the group because some members actually post from work and didn't want their employers finding out. 
I should point out that, even though we are a "closed" group, we are constantly on the lookout for new members, so if you think you might be interested in joining, please let me know.
I am also asking our members to do a little evangelizing - we could use some fresh minds in the mix - but, believe me, I realize how hard it is to come up with the ideal candidate.  For example, I thought my niece and her husband would be perfect matches - she has written serious fiction and recently a successful line of "Bodice Rippers," while he is an English professor who actually hails from Ireland for Pete's sake.  Do you think either one has contributed a single word since I added them over five years ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment