Monday, January 15, 2018

OEDILF

After a recent post trolling for new members for Addicted to Limericks, my niece (not the one who's a member but never writes anything) replied asking if I had ever heard of OEDILF, and if I was a member.
The answers were No, and No - but that has changed.
The Omnificent English Dictionary in Limerick Form  is a delightful and amazing project.  Some of their Limericks would not be acceptable here, but there are marvelous (and awful) rhymes about anything you could imagine.
Here are a few examples:

In their boat were two Eskimos seated
And lacking the warmth that they needed.
So they started a fire,
Turning craft into pyre.
Guess you can't have your kayak and heat it?


Today we mourn Bob, who's the guy
Who penned all of my novels. No lie.
I confess. Goodbye, friend.
My career's at an end
With my ghostwriter now in the sky.

Said the cop, "I would bet my last dime,
That a ghoul has committed this crime.
But the chance of arrest
Is unlikely at best.
I'm afraid it's a wraith against time."

No comments:

Post a Comment